Monday 5 March 2018

A Little Whimsy and a Lot of Play

      

Hello there, my creative friends! I’ve been having fun over on the Paperartsy blog again, this evening. This time, I’ve been a bit more whimsical with a stamp set (ECL09) and stencil (PS023) from Clare Lloyd.  

    

I started by scraping some Dina Wakley paints over Smoothy card with an old gift card, letting the colours overlap a little. Then, placing the stencil in different directions, I removed some paint with a baby wipe to ‘grunge up’ the background.


Then added some black for a bit more interest with the edge of a palette knife.


I stamped the lovely girl with Versafine Onyx black and shaded her using a Derwent Inktense pencil in Deep Indigo. I love the effect of the monotone focal point on a brightly painted background.


All I had to do was fussy-cut her out, smoosh the edges with Archival ink in Cobalt and stick her down...


...along with the fab sentiment.


I just love the effect of subtracting the colour in the background.


I finished by edging the whole piece with some more Cobalt Archival ink and matting on dark blue cardstock. 

It’s been a refreshing change working with Clare’s stamps and stencils. I’m sure I’ll get loads of mileage from them. Why not try a different designer for yourself? A full list of  stockists are over on the Paperartsy blog right now. Have fun!

Love and peace,

Wendy x





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10