Monday 31 July 2017

Zinski Vs. Tim Burton - Dark to Light/Contrast


Hello, my friends. I have a gorgeous birthday card to share with you today. I made it for my friend, Sarah. She loves all things Tim Burton, so I thought I would give one of ElenaZinskiArt's characters a bit of the Burton treatment. It's over on the PaperArtsy blog tonight for their Topic #10 (Dark to Light/Contrast)

 


I started with the background and blended Paperartsy Fresco Acrylics from Little Black Dress to Snowflake.

.

As long as you keep the brush moving, you can dry brush them together quite nicely. A little Drying Retarder mixed with the paint will help.


Then a little alteration. As she was, Elena's character was a little too cute for the Tim Burton look. So I stamped the flower from the last release (ZA08) then stamped again on some post it tape so that I could mask it off while I stamped the girl over the top.


I used Snowflake again to paint out the spots on her leggings. How serendipitous that the centre of the flower turned into her tummy!


A little painting with some Claret and London Bus and her spotty leggings turned into over-the-knee stripy socks.


Just needed to add the sentiment, a die cut (embossed with black ink and clear embossing powder) and the perfect birthday card, for Sarah, is done.



Love and peace,
Wendy x

Blog: Wendy's House
Facebook: Wendy Mallas Illustration
Twitter: WendyWitwoo
Instagram: WendyWitwoo
Pinterest: Wendy Mallas
Website: Wendy Mallas




4 comments:

  1. I just commented on your post over at Paper Artsy. I thought I'd hop over to your blog too...I'm your newest follower! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I first saw this on the PaperArtsy blog. I couldn't see how it was a Zinski stamp at first. You certainly did both Zinski and Tim Burton proud with this little figure. It's a wonderful card. Your friend will be so pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10